Friday, September 12, 2014

Holidays, Festivals and Bargains

Who can't love a title like that?

We are back after a lovely sun-drenched two weeks in Nova Scotia, Canada. While things could have gone smoother on the toddler-adjusting-to-jetlag front, the days were filled with swimming in lakes and oceans, along with frolicking in the back garden with a hose (hours of fun, I tell you). Mr TR fell in love with the barbecue -- I honestly don't think I've ever eaten so much meat in my life! We had a great time visiting with my mother and father, as well as a quick trip to Prince Edward Island to see my grandmother, as well as my aunt and uncle.

Toddler TR enjoying the Atlantic. 

The red banks of Prince Edward Island.

Scallops, shrimp and clam barbecue extravaganza.

The naked gardener. 

Ferrying across the harbour to Halifax. 

It's been a long week settling back into routine (or trying to, anyway), and this weekend I'm off to the unromantic-sounding Leighton Buzzard for the Festival of Romance! I'm looking forward to catching up with my fellow writers, as well as maybe getting a good night's sleep? It's been so long . . .

And in other news, if you're in the States, my novel THE NO-KIDS CLUB is on sale all September for 1.99. Hop on over!

Hope everyone has had a great summer. See you next week!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun and tasty time! Sorry about the jet-lag issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The naked gardener will one day rue that pic!

    Prince Edward Island is such a different change of pace, and a beautiful province.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Naked Gardener caption! You will so have to embarrass the crap out of him w/that one when he's older. ;) Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic experience for toddler TR! I've always wanted to visit PE Island.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a wonderful trip. Toddler TR is such a cutie! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Talli - what's the point of being in a garden with a hose with clothes on?! I seem to remember being told of those idyllic days ...

    Great photos .. and so pleased you could catch up with your family and spend some happy times together .. despite the jetlag toddler scenario .. enjoy the brief weekend respite with fellow Romancers ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely for your family to have some time with baby TR. it must be hard being so far away. He looks like he had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to have you back, Talli. Please invite me to one of those barbies, the food looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful trip to Prince Edward Island and everywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to see you back! Sounds like a wonderful holiday with adorable pics of your gardner to remember it by. We're going to a wedding next summer in PEI and are excited about that. We were there about five years ago visiting friends and look forward to a return trip.

    ReplyDelete

Coffee and wine for all!